This Degree programme gives students the skills needed to practice as Mechanical Engineers across a range of industries.
For a complete industry-relevant experience, students will get to spend time at the RMIT University campus in Melbourne, Australia to gain practical hands-on experience. Students will also gain access to a wide range of state-of-the-art laboratory facilities at the campus linked to the programme like the thermodynamics laboratory. On top of that, students will benefit from field trips to RMIT’s industry partners.
This programme was developed to align with the Engineers Australia accreditation framework. Graduates of this programme may be eligible to apply for membership of Engineers Australia via an assessment.
After graduation, students may choose to pursue the following jobs roles:
- Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Mechanical Engineer
- Technical or Engineering Services Manager
This Degree programme can be completed in a minimum of 32 months on a part-time basis. Below is the programme structure:
|Trimester 1||· Engineering Dynamics
· Mechanics of Fluids and Solids 2
|Trimester 2||· Solid Mechanics 3
· Mechanical Vibrations
· Residential Visit 1 in Melbourne
|Trimester 3||· Advanced Thermo-Fluid Mechanics
· Renewable Energy Systems
|Trimester 4||· Mechanics of Machines
· Automatic Control
|Trimester 5||· Finite Element Analysis
· Management of Mechanical Design and Research
|Trimester 6||· Mechanical Design 2
· Applied Heat and Mass Transfer
· Residential Visit 2 in Melbourne
|Trimester 7||· Professional Research Project 1|
|Trimester 8||· Professional Research Project 2|
For more information, please fill up the enquiry form so that our programme consultants can get back to you.
This programme accepts the following qualifications:
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent with an average grade of 2.0 out of 4.0 or above
Any other equivalent qualifications or combination of qualifications and experience will be assessed by RMIT University on a case-by-case basis and the final decision rests with the University.
Applicants whose first language is not in English are required to demonstrate a satisfactory level of English language proficiency with IELTS of 6.5 or TOEFL of 580.
For more information on RMIT’s English entry requirements, see the English equivalents web page: www.rmit.edu.au/students/gradingbasis/gpa
Each Trimester Session is a 16 week period covering the required programme of study. Each Trimester Session is provided with 36 hours of seminars, taught by a mix of RMIT and local university lecturers.
Assessment methods vary in accordance with the aims and outcomes of a specific topic or programme, but frequently involve a combination of in-programme assessment and formal end of academic session written examinations.
In addition, group and individual projects and presentations, in-programme tests, group and individual presentations, reports, quantitative analysis and essays are all used at some point during the programme.
For all assessments except in-programme tests, students will receive detailed feedback from the examiner in a standardised format.
Students who successfully complete and pass the units stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (Honours) from RMIT University.
The Degree will be the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
The tuition fee covers university registration, study guides, intensive seminars and workshops, assignments, examination (if applicable), projects, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
- Programme tuition fee: S$37,799.89 (payable in 8 instalments)
- Receive S$400 referral bursary when you recommend your friend to join our Degree programme*.
- Instalment 1: S$4,922.00
- Instalment 2: S$4,922.00
- Instalment 3: S$4,922.00
- Instalment 4: S$4,922.00
- Instalment 5: S$4,527.97
- Instalment 6: S$4,527.97
- Instalment 7: S$4,527.97
- Instalment 8: S$4,527.98
- Choice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Non-refundable application fee: S$181.90
Note: all prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown. All fees are subjected to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 1 November 2018. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions for Rebates and Offers.
There are 2 intakes per year. Please contact our consultants to obtain a copy of the class schedules.
1 Students will be responsible for covering the cost of their own travel and accommodation expenses for the residential visit to RMIT Melbourne Campus.
* Terms and conditions apply.
** Terms and conditions apply. Education loan is subject to bank’s approval.