As a Top 30 University in UK, the University of Essex (UOE) stays committed to delivering quality programmes and maintaining close links with many professional bodies. The University of Essex was awarded the University of the Year by the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards 2018.
Multiple Accreditations for Accounting and Finance Programme
- Get up to 7 ACCA, 6 CIMA, 6 ICAEW1 and 2 Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation)2 paper exemptions after graduation3
- Aligned to the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) syllabus, which covers 30% of the CFA Level I curriculum4
Strong Industry Relevance for Banking and Finance Programme
- Get up to 7 ACCA paper exemptions after graduation
- Aligned to the IMC syllabus, which covers 30% of the CFA Level I curriculum
Insightful Decision-Making Knowledge for Management and Marketing Programme
- Provides deep management perspective with Marketing subjects
- Deep dive into popular subjects such as Management Psychology, Digital Marketing and Social Media
- University of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards 2018)
- Top 30 in UK (Times 2018 and Complete University Guide 2019)
- Awarded the prestigious Gold rating for Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in UK (Times Higher Education 2017)
- 2nd Most International Outlook University in the UK and 14th in the World
(Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019)
- Shortlisted for British The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018 (News UK)
- Officially recognised by the UK government (UK)
- Candidates with a Degree from a University accredited by the home government of the country may be considered for appointment into the Singapore Public Service (gov.sg)
- University of Essex Degree programmes in Singapore have been accredited by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China5
1 To be eligible for credit-based exemptions, ICAEW requires that students apply for credit within 5 years of completion and have achieved a minimum mark of 50% in all modules of their Degree programme relevant to their application for credit.
2 Students who scored a minimum of 60% passing score for BE111 Management Accounting I, BE113 Management Accounting II and BE132 Auditing can be exempted for the Accounting for Decision Making (ADF) and Assurance (ASF) modules under the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation Level). Exemptions granted will be subject to the sole discretion of Singapore Accountancy Commission at any time.
3 Please refer to this link for further information on professional accreditations for ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW programmes.
4 The IMC provides the ideal foundation for those with future plans for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Programme. IMC cover 30% of the CFA Level I curriculum. For more information, please refer to CFA Society UK.