Arrival in Singapore | Visa Information | Application for Student’s Pass | Important Information for International Students | Important Immigration and Relevant Laws of Singapore
Arrival in Singapore
Kaplan arranges a complimentary airport/transport pick up for all our new full-time international students arriving in Singapore for the first time*. Students are required to fill in a transport pick up form and submit 7 days prior to their arrival here.
- Changi Airport Terminals 1-4
- Harbourfront Ferry Terminal
- Woodlands Checkpoint Terminal
- Kaplan City Campus @ Wilkie Edge
- Kaplan Accommodation @ Short Street
- Kaplan Accommodation Partners
All visitors to Singapore must meet the following entry requirements:
- Valid travel document (minimum validity = 6 months)
- Onward/Return ticket
- Entry facilities to next destination
- Sufficient funds to stay in Singapore
- Visa for Singapore (if applicable)
If the visitor requires a visa to enter Singapore, please approach the nearest Singapore Embassy/Consulate Office for information on visa application and submission procedures. Alternatively, they can find all services relating to entry and visa requirements online at www.ica.gov.sg.
Application for Student’s Pass
The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) of Singapore requires all full-time international students to hold a valid Student’s Pass for their full-time study in Singapore.
Documents to be submitted for Student’s Pass application:
- Completed Student’s Pass Application forms: Form 16 and V3 6
- Certified/Notarised copy of Birth Certificate, Highest Academic Qualification, Highest Academic Transcripts and Bank Statements/Fixed Deposit Account/Saving Account
- Employer’s letter certifying applicant’s occupation and salary (if applicable)
- Employer’s letter certifying parent’s occupation and salary (if applicable)
- Passport-sized photograph of student (full colour on white background)
The Student’s Pass is applied by Kaplan Higher Education Academy on behalf of the student and the whole approval process starting from submission of full documents and information to issuance of the In-Principle Approval (IPA) Letter of the Student’s Pass is expected to take between 3-4 weeks in general.
Students must bring along the following documents on Reporting Day to be submitted for the application of the Student’s Pass:
- Passport-sized photograph of student (full colour on WHITE background)
- Cash of $90 (Payment for the Student’s Pass card)
- Address in Singapore
- Old Student’s Pass (if applicable)
- Student’s Pass (old) Cancellation Letter (if applicable)
- Arrival Card (Immigration White Card)
All Student’s Pass holders have to ensure that their purpose of holding a valid Student’s Pass in Singapore is educational.
- All Student’s Pass holders are to ensure that their attendance is 90% and above.
- Student’s Pass holders are only eligible to study in Singapore with a valid Student’s Pass.
- All Student’s Pass holders are only allowed to study in Singapore in Kaplan Singapore which is stated in the Student’s Pass application.
- Do not engage in any form of employment or attend an industrial attachment/internship programme, whether paid or unpaid, without a valid work pass issued by Ministry of Manpower
- Consuming of drugs or participating in political activities is prohibited.
- Do not commit criminal offences.
- Overstaying in Singapore is considered a serious offence.
- Female Student’s Pass holders are not allowed to become pregnant.
Should Student’s Pass holders breach the undertaking, the Controller of Immigration will cancel the Student’s Pass and he/she will have to leave Singapore within 24 hours. If Student’s Pass holders do not meet the attendance percentage requirements, Kaplan will have to report to ICA immediately.
Important Immigration and Relevant Laws of Singapore
[Excerpt from the Immigration Act]
- The Student shall comply with the provisions of the Immigration Act and any regulations made hereunder or any statutory modification or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force in Singapore.
- The Student shall not misuse controlled drugs or to take part in any political or other activities during his/her stay in Singapore which would make him/her an undesirable or prohibited immigrant under the Immigration Act.
- The Student shall comply with the provisions of the Immigration Act and any regulations made thereunder or any statutory modification or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force in Singapore.
- The Student shall not be involved in any criminal offences in Singapore. The student shall not remain in Singapore after the expiry of the Student’s Pass. The student shall surrender the Student’s Pass for cancellation within 7 days of the date of cessation or termination of studies
- The Student shall not indulge in any activities that are inconsistent with the purpose for which the Student’s Pass has been issued.
- The Student shall not to be engaged in any form of employment or in any business, profession or occupation in Singapore whether paid or unpaid, without a valid work pass issued under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (Cap. 91A). The Student must understand that industrial attachment and/or on-the-job training (whether provided by school or otherwise) is also considered as employment under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act and requires a valid work pass.
- The Student must be aware that overstaying or working illegally in Singapore is a serious offence and on conviction, the penalties may include mandatory imprisonment and caning.
- The Student must understand that if the Controller of Immigration is satisfied that the student or any member of his/her family breaches this undertaking or becomes an undesirable or prohibited immigrant, the school will cancel him/her immigration pass and the passes of the members of his/her family, and may be required to leave Singapore within 24 hours of such cancellation.
(Reference: Student’s Pass Application Form 14 provided by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)) Note: The (ICA) website should be referred to for the complete information – www.ica.gov.sg